Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SHUTTERED WINDOWS.......................

There are obviously lots of things that I love regarding interiors , and I'm sure that I will say this again many times , but my favourite ( at the moment !!!! ) are shutters. Upstairs, in our house, we have solid wooden shutters and downstairs, we have plantation shutters at the windows( Note to self : must take pictures of my shutters for posts !! ) but in the following pictures , you can see that shutters are not just reserved for windows.
Just propped up against a wall . Fabulous.


A slight indulgence , this one , as I think that this could be an old door but its such a great picture I've included it.



Isn't this gorgeous ? And not just the shutters...I love this grey / Zinc look.



Long gasp of delight.......this room ......OHhhhhh



Here they are , used in the traditional way on the outside of a house....... I don't know why but this doesn't seem to work here in the U.K.



Perhaps a bit more furniture would be a good idea here but the original shutters are wonderful.



More external shutters....these are in Tuscany.


Isn't this perfect ?


Sorry , this one is tiny but can't you imagine sitting here , warm sunshine , drink , friends....... heaven .



Ahhh......... Wisteria ......so beautiful and adds a certain something to the lovely shutters



I don't always like everything painted white and I think that the mellow finish to these shutters would have been ruined had they been painted whereas...................



.................. it works really well here . I hoped you liked that little look at shutters and , maybe if you see an old shutter looking lonely in a junk shop , don't buy it . It's mine !!!!!!!
Jackie














No comments:

Post a Comment