Tuesday, July 21, 2009

CUSHIONS and QUILTS...............................

Cushions and quilts are our cuddley , snuggerly friends that give us warmth and comfort.They make us feel better when we are not feeling good , they send us off to the land of nod or they are just somewhere to lay our head. Whatever they mean to you , here are just a few to feast your eyes on..............
I have this one. It is probably one of the reasons I started my blog , as I came upon the shop that it comes from when I first started looking at Scandinavian blogs.......which took me to other blogs..........which took me to Scandinavian shops......... Kerching , kerching.......spending loads of money 'cos Scandinavian shops are absolute heaven and to sell one of your own limbs for !!!!!..... which then lead to other blogs and then I was hooked !!

At the moment , these antique grain sack cushions are my favourite.These are from 3finegrains.com
and are sooooooo expensive , but I have bought some from Etsy, which are lovely, at a fraction of the price.

This is a sofa and cushions from Mulberry and I love the mellow tones.


Love this shabby-look daybed ...oops , I've digressed a bit.....back to cushions and quilts....
although , it has got cushions and a quilt ON it.......


Bright and colourful and what a lovely worn chest....I bet it's seen a thing or two in it's time !!



These cushions look really well loved with their faded look.


Isn't this the most inviting bed . I just want to get in there with a mug of hot chocolate , a good book and , hopefully , it would be raining outside....I'll just pull the quilt up and set the alarm...Oh and I'll have to change the letters to J & C !!


These are more throws than quilts , so we can just throw them over the bed in the summer.



I think that these are beautiful . They are all different textures and colours but don't they all sit well together ?..........oh , and don't you just love the wall behind ?




Isn't this picture great ? I love the teapot sitting precariously on the top . It says to me Japanese tea ceremony .........laying on all of those cushions ,while lovely ladies in beautiful ceremonial outfits pour me tea from that teapot into those sweet little cups. .......wonderful.


I'd love a cupboard like that , where I could just pile lots of beautiful quilts and linen , but all of mine are on the beds !!



Well this just says English country cottage , a bit Laura Ashley to me ( even though it's not !! ) ......chintzy fabrics and a Victorian tureen.......and all in that lovely soft green.
I think a little lay down with a feather filled cushion , a pretty quilt and a look at the back of my eyelids !!!!!
Jackie




No comments:

Post a Comment