Thursday, July 23, 2009

MAKING an ENTRANCE .................

They say that your front door and the front of your house is the most important as it is the first thing that anyone sees , be it visitors or , if you are selling , potential buyers........ it's known as kerb appeal....... Here are some delightful frontages !!! and I do apologise that they are fairly similar but , I guess , these are the type of houses that I love.
I really love this one as it's not pretentious or expensive , it's just a lovely little old cottage with loads of charm.


You can't beat bay or box trees outside the front door.

More box trees........ don't they make this entrance ?

I think that the old wall really makes this cottage. The trouble nowadays is that many people would have knocked it down..... the people who live here must love preserving old features.


Another really old door , not really looked after but I love it like that!!!!

More bay trees........... I think that this front door wouldn't look half as good without them .








I love the way that this wooden door has taken on that lovely grey patina , don't you ? And I love the garland.




Sorry...... more trees...... but so lovely.


Another simple wreath ..............



Another simple cottage , nothing fancy , just an ordinary life going on , but so sweet.




So pretty.




............................................. and just one final thing....... congratulations to Millie at The Laurel Hedge who posted her 300th post the other day.......well done you...... what an achievement.......I'm only on my 20th something post ....... I've got a long way to go to reach those dizzy heights ........ XXXX
Jackie












No comments:

Post a Comment