Thursday, July 16, 2009

LET THEM EAT CAKE...........so we did......

I'm not a cakey person really.......give me savoury anytime.......but we went to my son and daughter-in-laws for dinner last night as it was hubbys birthday and , boy, did we have a cake. There was cream , there was chocolate and there was every fruit that God has put on this earth......... raspberries , blackberries , apricots , kiwi fruit , grapes , redcurrants , you name it , it was on there. It does sound rather O.T.T. but , because it was fruit , it was lovely , really refreshing.......so , a good time was had by all but , as you can see by the picture below , I did come over all unnecessary and had to have a foot massage........I obviously had a touch of the vapours as, it definitely wasn't the wine that we drank !!!!
As I've gone all Marie Antoinette , I thought a few pictures of furniture in the Louis XIV (or was it XVI) mode would be appropriate . Not my favourite period but, as you can see , it can be done beautifully.











This is a real modern twist on the Louis era.






.....................Finally , a wonderful splash of colour and fun. Hoped you like the look at the French Revolution period . I'm off for a lie down in a darkened room !!!
Jackie










No comments:

Post a Comment