Saturday, February 20, 2010

YET 7 MORE THINGS ABOUT ME !!!! ..........

Dear Susie @ The Mill House kindly gave me the Kreativ blogger award, as did my dear friend Luiza @ Feelings , ages ago and it has taken me so long to get round to doing my 7 things about me so, many apologies for the delay, Susie and Luiza. I have done this a couple of times before and, not wanting to repeat myself, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit here so, bear with me ..........

First of all, funny things happen to me....for instance, the other week, I was going out to lunch with my friends . After my shower, I was in the bedroom deciding what to wear. In our bedroom we have solid wood two tier shutters and I always leave the bottom set closed and have the top ones open, so covering my modesty from the prying eyes of passers-by or the people in the houses opposite. Well, I sat down on the bed to put my tights on, stood up to pull them up, facing the far wall and, to my great dismay, shock, horror,........ when I turned around, there was the window cleaner staring through the window !!!! Aarrghhh. Oh God, soooo embarrassing. A little later, I went downstairs to pay him. He told me that it had only happened to him once before and hoped that I was O.K. about it. I told him that, at my age, I was passed caring !! Well, at least I had my knickers ON !!




Next, I think that I've told you before that I love black......but, it's got to the point where I don't even entertain another colour. I do try. I take something that I like into the changing room in all of the colour options, including black, of course. I try them all on and always decide on the black one because it always looks the best. I'm just an old rock chick at heart !!

I love old houses. The house that we live in was built in 1890 but, the one that we lived in before was built in 1648. It is so amazing to me that the Great Fire of London hadn't happened and King Charles 1 was on the throne.

I love hats. Top hats are my favourite but I do like bowler hats as well. I don't wear them often enough really and would like to wear them on a regular basis but, you don't see many old women in the supermarket in a top hat do you ?






I am a bit of a dreamer and fantasise about, Pirates, Mardis Gras, Masked Balls, Princes and Princesses. I'm sure that, to have lived in the times of swash buckling pirates, the intrigue of Henry VIII's court or life in Venice in the 1700's was not as romantic as we like to think it was, but it's fun to pretend.
.



As you have all probably noticed, exclamation marks feature heavily in my posts. I find that I can't help using them. After a particular sentence, my finger automatically and quite naturally is pulled by some force of gravity, to the top left hand corner, where that exclamation mark key is. I know that it is 'par bon' to use them. They say that, if you have written the sentence properly, you have no reason to use them. I apologise to all of you brilliant writers out there. I'm sure that you would never dare to use an exclamation mark. I'm afraid that I will continue to use them as I feel that they put my point across without the possibility that something that I've said could cause offence without their use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have highlights ! Yes, it's true. These beautiful blonde highlights are not the result of the sun, kissing my hair with golden glints but 3 hours of BLOODY boredom, sitting in a chair and reading the escapades of celebrities and who's cheating on who, and who is three sizes below zero and how many of those tiny dogs they can fit into their £10 million handbag EXCLAMATION MARKS TO INFINITY.



Now, the rules are that I have to pass this award on but, an extra thing that you didn't know about me is that I don't like disappointing people so, this time I am going to give it to each and everyone of you. Please take the award and show us all some more in depth things about yourselves...... and, please go over and see Susie as she has a beautiful blog, lives in a most wonderful part of England, shows us around the area where she lives, and gives the most wonderful comments so, it will be worth your while !!........... and, you must visit Luiza. Her blog is a beautiful journey through photographs and all things Swedish. She is the kindest girl and loyal and generous so, please pop over to see her as well.
Have a great week and, make sure that you do things that require exclamation marks !!!!
Jackie












No comments:

Post a Comment