Monday, February 1, 2010

A MASSIVE THANK YOU ..........

O.K........ I think that possibly, everybody is sick to the back teeth of my BLOODY BIRTHDAY, but, if you could just bear with me, I must thank some wonderful friends that have 'wasted' a full post ( well, I don't mean wasted from my point of view. What I mean is that they will probably not get many comments !!!!) on wishing me a Happy Birthday today.........
My first dear friend is the wonderful Deb @ Dumbwit Tellher She did a whole post on me which was fantastic, and you should read it, not because it was for my birthday, but just because it was brilliant and you will enjoy it. It must have taken her ages and was the act of a true friend. Thanks so much, Deb, You're a star...........

Next, I must thank my blogging buddy, Julie @ Being Ruby
Julie and I email all the time and, as a pair of night owls, can stay up to the wee small hours, changing the world !!....I think that I have probably been responsible for her being late for work on numerous occasions ! Julie also did a post for my 'special day' (that bit is for my friend Lucy). It was British, patriotic, clever, funny and included Matt Lucas and David Walliams from Little Britain. Julie, thanks so much for all the trouble that you went to but, it was time well spent 'cos I LOVED IT........you're a true friend, a wonderful photographer and a beautiful writer with a great sense of humour.

Then came my wonderful friend Carole @ Maynard Greenhouse
Another friend that did the most fabulous post for my birthday. Carole and I swap pretty long emails about our lives and enjoy much discussion on varied subjects. She tells us all about her friends, their houses and their regular jaunts to flea markets and their purchases, and, along with all this, is a great photographer. We get on so well, as I do with all of these women, and I call Carole a good friend.

.......... then it was Mise @ Pretty Far West who unselfishly did a post for me. Mise is one of the funniest, and a woman who is so clever with words, that I sometimes really have to get my brain into gear. As I told her today (and this is one of Julie's phrases !!), she often makes us pee our pants with laughter at some of the things she subtlety comes out with !! I was there, pretty much at the start of Mise's blog and enjoy the wonderfully varied posts that she puts up. Thanks Mise.....to do that for me was so lovely..........

.......... as if that wasn't enough, my dear friend Luiza @ Feelings
wished me a Happy Birthday through her blog. Luiza and I have been great friends, emailing, exchanging gifts and being supportive. Luiza is from Stockholm, need I say more. Her taste is impeccable and her photography a joy. She is so creative, making beautifully sewn treasures. Thank you Luiza for all your kindness...........
.......... and then there was Magdalena @ Color Sepia Magdalena is another talented and creative blogger from Stockholm and great friends with Luiza. The Christmas cards that I sent this year were made by Magdalena and the gift tags for my presents and they were absolutely beautiful. Magdalena also did a birthday post for me and I would also like to thank her for being so kind and generous with her time to do such a lovely thing for me..........
Also, my lovely friend Gigi@ The Magpies Fancy has mentioned my birthday on her new post. Gigi is a beautiful writer and poet and has the most beautiful blog. Thank you so much, my friend for your kind birthday wishes and for thinking of me.

.......... and finally, a birthday gift sent to me from Mel @ Reverie
When Mel found out that my birthday was around the same date as her daughter 'little crumb' she sent me a present. Look how beautifully it was wrapped. So beautifully, I didn't want to unwrap it, but, unwrap it I did and..........

VOILA !!.......... gorgeous personalised note cards.......... how did she know that I LOVE stationary? I can spend hours in stationary shops, Mr. Home doesn't understand how someone can spend hours looking at greetings cards, wrapping paper, ribbons and envelopes. He cannot grasp this concept !! It just doesn't compute. Mind you, I don't understand how someone can spend ages looking at drills and sanders and workmates so, we're even !! Anyway, I digress. .... sorry Mel. I am so pleased with my wonderful note cards. Thank you so much for you thoughtfulness.
I would also like to thank everybody who left me birthday wishes on my blog and on others blogs and for people who have never been to my blog but who popped in to see me after seeing the above posts. I really will try and thank you all. Please go and look at the blogs of the people that I have mentioned. If they can do this for me, just think what wonderful friends you are going to make. I have to say, this blogging lark is pretty good, isn't it ?
Right, that's it. I promise each and everyone of you that the subject of my birthday will never be mentioned again.......... UNTIL NEXT YEAR !!!!
I LOVE BIRTHDAYS !!!!
Jackie








No comments:

Post a Comment