Friday, February 5, 2010

LAVENDER and OLD LACE ..........

Lavender and old lace ..... a beautiful combination don't you think ? I have always loved the smell of lavender and have collected vintage lace for many years. Now, I don't want you all to think that I'm some white-haired Victorian dowager, sitting in my rocking chair, surrounded by lace doilies and smelling of a mixture of musty old lavender and other dubious aromas !! ... and, I know that lace is not 'de rigueur' or 'en vogue' at the moment, but it can still be beautiful.
Oh, and apologies to any of the guys out there reading this....this one's a bit girlie !!

Love these old wooden boxes, don't you ?

I am not interested in the renewing vows thing that seems to be the fashion nowadays, but I could be persuaded if I could wear a dress like this.
Isn't it just too beautiful ?


Not quite lavender but a little bit !!



Oh WOW

What do you think of this chair ? Very dark lavender with lacy, crochet pattern. I quite like it.








Here's another beautiful dress. If only I went to functions where this little number would be appropriate ........ unfortunately, I don't. Has anyone got a spare ticket to the Oscars ?

I love iron beds. I've got three and am looking for another !!
Beautiful.




Hanged up in houses,
it doth very well attemper the aire,
Coole and make fresh the place to the delight
and comfort of such as are therein.

JOHN GERARD.......1597

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Jackie

















No comments:

Post a Comment