Tuesday, February 16, 2010

RIPE, RICH, ROYAL, RUBY RED ..........

O.K.... I'm going completely 'off piste' (topical!) today by posting about the colour RED !! Somewhat up the colour scale , hitting a very high temperature, as I'm normally down in the white, beige, grey, cold area.... but, I've decided to live dangerously and, that's happy and good, I think ! I might need a few tranquiliser's and a lay down in a dark room afterwards but, I'm sure that I will survive !!



This is what Mr. Home did for me on Valentines Day !....no, he didn't really but I know he would have wanted to if we hadn't been going out on the evening of the 14th !! haha

What I wouldn't give for hair like this ..........

Murano .... and the gorgeous, colourful painted houses....would you dare to paint your house red ? Even if you would, it wouldn't look quite the same as it does in the wonderful setting of Murano.

This is probably as far as I'd go when it comes to decorating with red !!

Although I wear LOADS of black, I could be persuaded to wear a red cardi !


Have you been watching the Winter Games in Vancouver ? I have. I love the luge, the skating, the biathlon the skiing and as a bonus, you get such wonderful scenery to look at.

Very 40's red. These ladies do look as if they have lampshades on their heads, but they still look pretty stylish in their swimming cossies.


I really do like dark nail varnish and, I have been known to have red fingernails but, I can't wear red lipstick. If I do, I look as if I should be standing on a street corner, sporting fishnet stockings, white scuffed high heels a really, really short leather skirt and smoking a fag !!!! How about you ? Can you wear red lipstick ?




I could definitely find a space in my wardrobe for this Christian Dior number., and, one of my hobbies is standing on tables so....... perhaps the House of Dior would like to send me one ?





I would fall off of these and end up in hospital for a week if I wore them , lovely as they are.... just a tad too high but, it might suprise you to know that I do have a pair of red high heels.


Yes.... I can do that ( very easily )

Have you ever been in a hot air balloon ? I have. It was a really nice experience but, being a lover of roller coasters, I thought that we would be whizzing along, dipping and weaving amongst the clouds but no. It's nothing like that. It's quiet and serene. the silence only being broken by the occasional blast of hot air. It was still a lovely experience, my favourite part being the landing which was quite exciting .... and the champagne !!


This is for Simone .......


.......... and finally, a beautiful vision of red hair loveliness.
Wishing you all a right, rosy red week.
Jackie



















No comments:

Post a Comment