Friday, January 15, 2010

A LITTLE PIECE OF ' HOME ' ..........

As you will see from the following photographs, I have entered my ' grey period ' !! Here you will find some things that are around our ' HOME '. The crown tea light holder was a present sent to me for Christmas, from Luiza @ Feelings. It sits there so nicely with my candlesticks and mercury glass lanterns.
Just before Christmas, I won a giveaway from Michelle @ Petit Coterie . It was the cushion that you see above. I have already got quite a few of her cushions and when I won the cushion I ordered some of her fabric to cover a rocking chair. With what was left over, I covered the cushion on the chair above. I will show you the rocking chair another time.

This is an old shelf that I painted and distressed and, laying next to the jug is a heart that Luiza made and sent with my present. She must have known that I was in my ' grey ' phase.

Here's a closer look. Isn't it pretty ?

This isn't a very good photograph of it but, can you see the gift tag with the cross ? Well, they come from the very talented Magdalena @ Color Sepia. I ordered some Christmas cards from Magdalena and she sent the gift tags and the cross for me. The 'J' and the 'C' are my husband and my initials and are printing blocks.

An old white jug and dried agapanthus, rose and eucalyptus.

A grey metal heart on one of my cupboards.

This is a wax picture that my sister bought me from Hungary.

This is one of the Christmas cards that Magdalena made and a rusty laurel wreath. Our house is called ' The Laurels ' so whenever I see anything to do with laurels, I buy it !

The hand and heart I bought when we were in Carmel. I have quite a few things with the hand and heart theme. I think that it is an Amish saying: 'Put your hands to work and your heart to God '.

These are my pieces of sea glass and shells that Gigi @ The Magpies Fancy gave me when I won her giveaway. She collected them from the beach and put them in the parcel as a little extra. I love them and they are on the mantelpiece in our study.


Well, there's a little look at a few of the things that are around our house. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
Jackie











No comments:

Post a Comment