Monday, November 16, 2009

LAMPLIGHT ..........

Laying in bed this morning, fiddling with my dandelion seed heads as you do on an autumn morning, inspiration was at a premium. Then, I thought, I could do table lamps and it would be a bit of a cheat as I can show rooms at the same time so, here we go ..........
One of my favourite pictures, old lace and a beautiful Edwardian lamp..........

.......... a simple lamp but what fantastic shutters and a wonderful view .........


Another simple table lamp in a gorgeous cottage setting ..........

They've gone a bit mad with their lamps in this one, haven't they ? A lovely room though..........

Isn't this a great idea ? Can I class these as table lamps ? ..........

.......... love this one, not just for the great industrial type lamp, but also for the lovely distressed shutter.

.......... the trouble with this one is the flex....it doesn't do it any favours. It's one of the problems of table lamps..........

.......... this is so pretty. Lovely distressed bedside table and a fresh bunch of flowers from the garden.

Do you think that I'm obsessed with distressed furniture ? Well, I am !! Isn't this wonderful ? I love the table, the door, the glass dome, the plants........ oh, and of course, the lamps.




Well, we have come a long way from the time when we lit the lamp to find our way to bed. We are in a new phase now, where we are going to have to use energy saving light bulbs. Maybe, in a few years we will be back to candlelight .......... maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing ?
Jackie














No comments:

Post a Comment