Thursday, November 12, 2009

GREY MATTER ..........

O.K everyone, lets get back to lighter matters, shall we ?A bit of interiors on a Thursday morning never hurt anyone. Today we are talking all things grey. It's my colour of the moment and it can look so beautiful in all sorts of ways. I love this mixture of random objects. They have no doubt been put together for the photograph ( I'm under no illusions here !) but it all looks so natural.
A beautiful, grey silk cushion.

Just a little peep into someones lounge. Don't push the door open any further ...... you wouldn't want to see what's behind there !!. I am amazed at the things that people put together. This is obviously an old house but they have put a modern table and chairs in there and...guess what ? .... it works.


Oh how I love this one. I'm sure that it's in Paris or some other beautiful European city. The cupboard, the chair, the urn, that beautiful cushion ....so wonderfully put together.


So simple and yet perfect.

Just a simple seed head in a glass jar can add so much.


You can't go wrong with a twiggy heart.

I love text on the wall. I have some in my home and I never tire of it. Very Scandanavian.


I just adore wreaths. I'm not usually fond of shells as decoration, apart fron the shells and sea glass that were in my giveaway from Gigi that are on one of my fireplaces, and unless, maybe, you live near the sea, but this wreath is so simple, and tastefully done.

Mmmmm .......


I think that this is a lovely room. If only I had a window like that. Not sure about the garden chair. Looks as if they have people coming round and have had to utilise the garden furniture !


This is obviously a little cafe and I love what they have done with it. I wouldn't mind an espresso in there.

What a beautiful photograph of one of my favourite flowers.

Another home accessorie that we can't do without. I have candlesticks everywhere.

This dress is so cute. Shame I'm too old to wear it now !!


Well, there you have it. A study in grey. A colour that was usually used as undercoat and is now the colour of the moment......... and, as the last photograph says:
' Catch the day
Enjoy the moment '
Jackie

















No comments:

Post a Comment