Tuesday, February 7, 2012

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER ? ..... BY INVITATION .....

For our Invitation Only post this month, we have to choose a restaurant and ten famous/well known people ( living or dead but no relatives or Jesus !! )  to be our guests at our fantasy dinner party, which can be held at home or anywhere we desire, with me and my significant other. Apologies to my overseas readers who might not know a couple of my guests ! I have done this before and, my choices change daily but, these are the people that popped into my head today.


We will be eating at Les Trois Garcons. Housed in a converted Victorian pub, dating from 1880, in Shoreditch in the east end of London, it's like stepping into a weird and wonderful fairytale. 



The clutter inside this wonderful restaurant is an ever changing cavalcade since the trois garcons, who own the place, are always putting items up for sale. Stuffed animals dressed in tiaras, handbags and Murano glass ceiling lamps are just some of the treasures in this Aladdin's cave.



Well heeled diners have been flocking to try the French food for over a decade.


We will all be sitting here, at the Chef's table.

My first guest is Russell Brand. A controversial choice for some of you but, Russell Brand really makes me laugh. He is eccentric, alternative and rather endearing and, probably a somewhat dangerous choice but, let's live dangerously !
Christopher Guest is an American screenwriter, composer, musician, director, actor and comedian. I love a lot of the work that he has done but, in particular, This is Spinal Tap and Best in Show. They were brilliant and still are. I actually watched This is Spinal Tap for the zillionth time, last night.


My next guest is Barbara Huliniki. She was the founder of the iconic clothes store Biba . I would be in Biba at least twice a week in my late teens and early twenties and I would love a chat with her.

I am classing Peter Cook and Dudley Moore as one guest as you can't have one without the other. I have laughed 'till I cried watching them, especially when they did Derek and Clive ..... breathtakingly obscene but exceptionally funny !!

I love Helena Bonham Carter's off the wall sense of style and how she sticks two fingers up to walking the red carpet ! .......... also, she might bring Tim Burton and Johnny Depp with her as they all seem to do EVERYTHING together !!!!
The British artist, David Hockney, was an important contributor to the Pop Art movement in the '60's and still is today.  His current exhibition at The Royal Academy, ' A Bigger Picture', is wonderful.
Barry Humphries was a patient where I used to work and lived in the flat above the surgery. He is a lovely man, so funny and very clever.  A great asset to any dinner party.
Julia Davis is one of my favourite comedy writers and wrote and performed in two of my best loved dark comedies, 'Nighty Night and Human Remains.

I shall be sitting in between my last two guests ..... there will be no arguments ..... it's MY dinner party !!

Eoin Macken is an English actor who is currently in the BBC series Merlin. We love Merlin and, Eoin makes it just that little bit more enjoyable, playing Sir Gwaine.
..... and, last but definitely not least, Richard Armitage. Another English actor,  famous for quite a few parts that he has played but I loved him for playing Guy of Gisborne in the BBC series of Robin Hood. ( I feel a theme going on here !! ).
He will also be seen at the end of the year in The Hobbit.

Audrey Hepburn said:
I love people who make me laugh.
I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh.
It cures a multitude of ills.
It's probably the most important thing in a person.


I thoroughly agree Audrey !!





To see who everyone else has invited to dinner and where they are dining, go over to Marsha @ Splenderosa , who has links to all of the other By Invitation participants.




images 1 & 6: via lounge lover, images 2 & 3: via UK restaurant guide, image 4: via London markt, image 5: via travel memo, image 7: via google, image 8: via photos lucy who, image 9: via Sky Arts, image 10: via rubenerd, image 11: via pinterest, image 12: via truefusion, image 13: via  the age, image 14: via Tumblr, image 15: via eoin macken.com, image 16: via All things Armitage, image 17: via Zsa Zsa Bellagio



Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment