Monday, March 24, 2014

GARDENS ARE NOT MADE BY SITTING IN THE SHADE ……..





Today was my first day of the year gardening ….. PROPERLY ….. I was out there for eight hours and, as always, at this time of year, I ache all over !!!!! …… and, as always, I have a massive blister on the palm of my right hand from the trowel !!!!!
I know that there are many of you out there that garden all of the year round but, I'm afraid that I'm a bit of a fair weather gardener.

Have you ventured out and weeded the beds yet ?

….. a bit of light pruning tomorrow, I think !!

By the way, that's not all of our garden ….. it goes on ….. and across ….. hence the aches and blister, just in case you think that I'm moaning about nothing !!


" And when your back stops aching and your hands begin to harden ….. You will find yourself a partner in the Glory of the Garden. "

Rudyard Kipling


image by ME !!

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment