Monday, September 16, 2013

MONDAY MAGIC ..... THE MAGIC OF CROATIA or WHAT I DID ON MY HOLIDAYS !! ..... PART ONE ..........



As the mists and chilly weather of Autumn start to roll in, here in the UK, I thought that I should post some of my photographs of our Summer holiday in Croatia before Winter arrives !!. As regulars to my blog well know, I'm always a little behind with things !!!!

Rovinji 

Croatia is a beautiful country and we only touched the surface but, what we saw, we loved. 



It has a beauty all of it's own and, seems to maintain it's original charm. Even though it becomes more and more popular as a holiday destination every year, the area we visited { Istria } didn't have a touristy feel at all. The people were lovely, the food great and, I didn't hear an English voice once ! Dubrovnik is probably the most popular town to go to but, we were 700 miles away from there ..... we shall have to go back to visit that area. 



and ..... as much as I don't want to compare, because it has it's own special personality, it does have a certain Italian influence, due to it's geographical position and history.







Shutters and washing ..... my favourite photographic subjects !!



Pula

Pula is the largest city in Istria County, best known for it's many surviving buildings, the most famous of which is it's 1st- Century amphitheatre which is amongst the six largest surviving Roman arenas in the world. Pula is surrounded by naturally beautiful countryside and the turquoise water of the Adriatic. More photos of Pula in Part 2.


 Rovinji

Rovinji is a beautiful, unspoilt and active fishing port and is said to be one of the most photogenic towns in the Mediterranean.
The town is enchanting with it's medieval streets, pretty marina and busy port. I'll show more of Rovinji in Part 2 { hopefully, I'll get around to Part 2 !! } but, I didn't take that many photos as I was too busy eating and drinking !!!!



Grandson Henry on holiday in Croatia.


Wishing everyone a magical week.


All images taken by me

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment