Friday, April 12, 2013

AFTER THE SNOW .......... THE RAIN !!!!




I'm not one to moan about the weather ..... having lived in merry old England all of my life, we are used to seeing all sorts of weather at different times of the year BUT .....






..... Spring is really taking a long time to arrive. After the sleet and snow of last month, we now have rain !!!! Not so much April showers but RAIN rain !!


Still ...... there is nothing that can be done about it so I guess we shall have to make the best of it ..... we have scarified and aerated the lawn and fertilised it so, a bit of rain is going to benefit all of those processes.








.....and, perhaps a day under a few blankets with a good book { ..... I'm reading ' Miss Garnet's Angel " by Salley Vickers at the moment. Have any of you out there read it ? I'm really enjoying it as it's set in my favourite Venice }



I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I must be one of those typical British people who are always talking about the weather, when I look back on some of my posts !
But, I shall embrace it and enjoy it just like Gene Kelly !!
Although, I couldn''t believe it when we were told the other day that, even after the wettest summer ever recorded, the snow, the sleet and rain that we have had so far this year :

That we will probably have a hosepipe ban !

Explain that if you can !!



images 1 & 10: via lost in the moment, image 2: via just call me grace, image 3: via beauty and grace, images 4, 5 & 8: via night tattoo, image 6: via pandora's inspiration, image 7: via dianne documents, image 9: via brown dress with white dots, 


Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment