Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BY INVITATION ..........

Our subject for By Invitation this month is :
Name the thing/person/place we've always wanted to experience.
Dream that money is no object.
Tell the world what you've always wanted to do or wish you could do but just haven't done yet.




This takes a bit of pondering ...... I have now reached the dizzy heights of the big 6 ..0, so, I have done many, many enjoyable things in my life and fulfilled many ambitions along the way....I've had more years to do so than most of the other participants in By Invitation !!  I have no desperate urge to ' find myself ' in the foothills of the Himalaya's or Peru's majestic Andes mountains, as beautiful as the may be. 
Perhaps I am not as adventurous now as I was in my youth and  good luck to those who are but, I am pretty much content with my lot.
I am sure that, when writing about 'if money were no object', I could wax lyrical about how we would help our children and favourite charities etc, etc. but, I think that's a given so .....




..... here's just a small list  of things that I might like to do or haven't done .....





I wouldn't mind finding a large, dilapidated old house to do up ..... even though we've done a couple in our time .....





 ..... or, I might give Boy George a ring to see if he would like to sell us his Gothic pile in Hampstead ....... I love that house. 




One thing that we have yet to do is to see the Northern Lights of Norway's far North. This natural light display in the sky is supposed to be a sight to behold. Joanna Lumley calls this stunningly beautiful natural display as ' the true wonder of the world '. 




..... oh, and I would like to be taken there on a sleigh, by huskies !!!!


..... and, if you happen to have, or know anyone who has one of these .....




..... please, please, please, take me up in it. I have always wanted to do a vertical take off in a Harrier Jump Jet !!
A lifetime ambition never achieved !!!!
BUT .....




..... of course, we could burn this list, as most of these things are not going to happen and, even if they did, it probably wouldn't make my life any better or make me any happier or content.






Lots of great things to do are free or, at most, not overly expensive..... but, anyone with a Harrier Jump Jet,  feel free to get in touch ..... I'm waiting !!



To see what other people have always wanted to experience, go over to Splenderosa for the links. 









image 1: via brown dress with white dots, image 2, 4 & 9: via hearts of glass, image 3: via blessed wild apple girl, image 5: via news1, image 6: via kidzcoolzone, image 7: via about my area, image 8: via Royal techno news, image 10: via heartbeat oz, image 11: via inspire me crafts, image 12: via crush cul de sac. 


Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment