Thursday, June 9, 2011

TO MAXI OR NOT TO MAXI ?.......THAT IS THE QUESTION ..........



I bought the above dress from All Saints about  two months ago and have yet to wear it.  Being the age that I am ( !!!! ) and loving fashion for all of my life from about the age of 16, I have worn it all before !!


Biba, in South Kensington, was my second home and, my friend's and I spent hours and hours in there, trying clothes on, testing out the make-up and lounging on the 1920's leather settees, watching the likes of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Twiggy etc, browsing and buying the great clothes that were sold there ( at a very reasonable price, may I add !! ) I still have a few of the clothes that I bought in Biba and, last year, one of my jackets ( the exact one ) was on The Antiques Road Show (...groan !!!!! ) and  they said it was worth £800 !!!!




As you can see from the above page from a Biba catalogue, we are now wearing very similar clothes  !! I think that's why I'm having trouble, wearing the maxi second time around !!







I have worn mini, midi, maxi , every which length.....you name it, I've worn it and, have just bought some palazzo trousers which are exactly the same as a pair I had in the late '60's. I have somehow managed to wear those.














I could have bought my dress in white but, I always feel that I should be selling ice-cream when I wear white !!



SO, the big question is..........Am I living in my own past and am now too old to wear it ?????

AND, are all of you wearing maxi dresses on a daily basis or do you feel as if you are going to a wedding when you wear them ????

Answers on a postcard please..........or in a comment.....whatever's quickest !!




image 1: via All Saints, image 2: via dolly rocker girl, image 3: via Biba mail order catalogue, image 4; Via Biba mail order catalogue, image 5: via mj-salad-days, image 6: via necco heart, image 7:via sweet as a peach, image 8: via red poppy fashion, image 9: via that's not my age, image 10: via scrumtrulescent, image 11: via dustjacket attic, images 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17: All Saints. 





Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment