Friday, April 23, 2010

SHABBY CHIC - NESS ........

Yes, yes, I know that Shabby Chic is thought of as 'old hat' and rather passe but, I still love it, so call me old fashioned !!

There is an article about Rachel Ashwell in this month's U.K. Country Living so, maybe I am still on trend !! As you all probably know, Rachel Ashwell IS Shabby Chic. She finds wonderful, discarded treasures in flea-markets and mixes them with faded floral fabrics and produces a beautiful romantic look in every room in the house.
If you want to see THE most wonderful home from a fellow blogger, then go over and see Maria @ Dreamy Whites . Her home is absolutely beautiful and she will give you inspiration by the bucketload !! Maria only started blogging a few months ago and she has got nearly 1500 followers. She has obviously got something very special.

I think that the beauty of this look is that it doesn't have to be expensive. An old wooden table sanded down and distressed could give you a look like this one.


An old shelf displaying some of your favourite things looks wonderful.

I have seen this image all over blogland and it's one of my favourites.







You can even do shabby chic in the garden.



How's this for a chandelier ? I think that it is the Vivienne Westwood of chandeliers or I could imagine it in Miss Havisham's house.

Oooop's, I told you it was my favourite !! So good, I showed it twice !!!!












Well, I think that a nice sit down in this cosy, romantic spot , lit by the glow of the fire is called for. After my exertions this month, I think that I'm owed that much.
Thanks to everyone who has popped in to see me this week and to all of my new followers. You are all stars !
Jackie


















No comments:

Post a Comment